Towers Family Chiropractic is a wellness center for the whole family providing CHIROPRACTIC, ACUPUNCTURE and NUTRITION SERVICES for wellness, disease prevention, and pain relief. Our chiropractor is Dr. Michael Burgoon and our nutritionist is his wife, Monica Burgoon, who is also a registered dietitian. Our goal is to get our patients feeling better fast and then help them improve health longterm, naturally.
What’s Unique About Us
- We work as a professional team combining the best chiropractic and nutrition have to offer.
- We continue to study and search for ways to get people better faster naturally.
- We use objective testing of blood, saliva, urine, and hair analysis, and other lab tests, as part of our nutritional assessments.
- We love what we do-helping people live longer, better while making the world a healthier place for our children.
Dr. Burgoon is licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine to practice chiropractic. He earned a BS in Biology from State University of New York and graduated with honors from New York Chiropractic College. He has treated all ages, infants to people in their 90’s, and has been in practice in Roanoke for over 10 years.
Dr. Burgoon’s post-graduate programs include:
- Qualified Acupuncturist (200 hour training program)
- Certified Chiropractic Extremities Practitioner
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association Fellowship
- Certified Practitioner of Webster Intra-uterine Constraint Technique (For pregnant women past 7 months with breech fetal presentation.)
- Certified Chiropractic Biophysics Technique Practitioner
- Post-graduate studies in Cranial technique with Sacro-occipital Research Society International
Monica Burgoon is a registered dietitian and a nutritionist with extensive training in the sciences. She earned a BS in chemistry/biology before receiving her Master’s degree in Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University. She completed her training as a dietitian at Cornell. Monica has been studying diet and nutrition for more than 20 years. She continues her education by attending seminars related to clinical nutrition every year. As clinical nutritionist at Towers Family Chiropractic, Monica has recently attended the following seminars:
- Science Based Nutrition seminar series–we are trained to provide Science Based Nutrition services
- Kerry Bone’s MediHerb Seminar: “Keys to Healthy Aging”
- Kerry Bone’s MediHerb Seminar: “Defending the Human Fortress”
- “Metabolic Factors That Mimic or Magnify Musculoskeletal Pain” by Dr. Scott Banks
- “A Chiropractic Perspective of Pharmaceuticals” by Dr. David Seaman
- “The Neural, Endocrine, and Immune Influences on Neuromusculoskeletal Rehabilitation” by Dr. Scott Banks
Michael and Monica have two children. Their daughter, Emily, is an Osteopathic doctor . Theo, their son, is an environmental scientist.