Our office will be closed the full week of July 6th, 2020. We will be checking our phone messages a few times during the week and will try to return calls as soon as possible. Normal working hours resume on Monday, July 13th, at 10 am.
The next Thermography screening at our office in Roanoke will be on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, from 2-5:30 pm. Read about Thermography here: Thermographypost.doc
Thermal imaging is FDA registered, safe, painless and non-invasive plus it can detect breast tissue changes very early. It is also used to detect and follow inflammation; half-body and full-body screenings are available in addition to breast screenings. To learn more click this link: Thermographypost.doc or call 414-405-8019 or to schedule a screening call 888-580-0040. Also, check out the website www.longevitythermography.com.
As always, the health and safety of our patients are our top priorities. Dr. Burgoon continues to keep his office open daily in order to provide essential services, and we have been and are continuing to implement extra measures to provide a safe experience for everyone who enters our doors.
Following are some protocols that we are following in order to keep you safe while in our office:
- There is frequent cleaning and disinfecting of door handles, tables/countertops, phones, sinks, restroom and other common “high-touch” items in our office. The chiropractic adjustment tables are being disinfected after each use.
- We are scheduling patients so that we will have a maximum of 2-3 patients in the office at one time.
- We know our patients love our walk-in policy, and it is one of the things that makes our office accommodating and unique, but temporarily we ask that you call before your visit to make an appointment and/or confirm that our office is still open. This will keep our reception area limited to 2-3 people at a time. If you must walk-in do not be offended if we ask you to wait in your car for a few minutes for the safety of all.
- If you have any symptoms of the Coronavirus such as fever, cough, or sore throat, we ask that you call to reschedule your visit.
- Any patient who has had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 should reschedule their appointments for AFTER 14 days from the date of that contact.
- If you have traveled or have been in contact with someone who has traveled within the last 30 days, please call our office to discuss your circumstances and/or reschedule your appointment.
- Any employee experiencing virus symptoms or who has been in contact with someone who may have a virus, will be asked to stay home and quarantine themselves.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new territory and the ever-changing information that is coming our way. Remember to support your local businesses in any way possible while continuing to stay safe. THANK YOU!
Monica’s next 7-week “Share the Health” nutrition course will be offered in October of 2020. If you are interested, call our office and ask to be added to our notification list.
The purpose of this series of classes is to assist you in making powerful diet and lifestyle changes that will improve and protect your health. Various topics relevant to natural healing will be covered – nutrition and health, recipes, lab tests, supplements, detoxing, etc. We will also demonstrate some recipes. The class meets for about an hour once a week for seven consecutive weeks and the cost for the series of classes is $90. Follow this link to read comments from those who have taken the class.
The group support that this class will make available to you is key to helping you make powerful lifestyle changes. If you have a friend or loved one who may be interested please pass the invitation on and refer them to our website. The cost for the course is $90.
www.roanokechiropractor.com for more information. Call 343-6636 now if you would like to sign up!
Dr. Burgoon is now offering acupuncture services for musculoskeletal conditions. He has completed a 200-hour training program for chiropractors that certifies him as a qualified acupuncturist. Please call the office for more information.
Our chiropractic/nutrition clinic now offers the BIA or Bio-electrical impedance analysis. This test measures percent body fat, percent lean body mass,, hydration status, plus it is an excellent measure of overall health.
We use blood tests for measuring what’s in the blood, but did you know research shows we can use bio-electrical analysis to measure the components of your body weight? This is useful information for gauging overall health or monitoring changes in weight and health as lifestyle changes are implemented. BIA is the most accurate way to determine if the weight you lose is fat and if the weight you gain is muscle. The best news is that this test, besides being accurate, is quick (immediate results), painless, and inexpensive. BIA is FDA approved and has been used for decades in hospitals and in nutrition/health-related research.
How do we do the test? The BIA test involves placing two electrodes on the right foot and two on the right hand. An imperceptible low-level electrical current goes through these electrodes and the body. The amount of fluid in the body affects the flow of electrical current and the BIA unit measures how this current is impeded through various tissues of the body. The current will be impeded more in tissues that have less fluid in them such as fat and bone and it will be less impeded in tissues with more fluid such as blood. Measurements of resistance and reactance are instantly generated by the unit and these numbers are entered into a software program to generate a report. The report details the composition of the weight of the body and also hydration status.
Call 540-343-6636 to schedule your BIA today.
Dr. Burgoon and Monica attended the Virginia Chiropractic Association’s Conference here in Roanoke this last weekend. Wow! There are some powerful tools (in addition to chiropractic adjustments and nutrition) now available for evaluating and re-booting the autonomic nervous system. That means we can more effectively address stress responses–you know, undesirable responses your body makes to triggers in your environment. This would include high blood pressure, migraines, irritable bowel, and many other problems. Ask us about it next time you are in the office!